Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Favorite Find of January 2013

I am completely amazing by the amount of estate sales there have been already this year.  And ones that are worth, or sound worth, getting up for at 6am and waiting in line out in the winter freezing cold.  I think I went to 6 sales in January, there has been at least 6 almost every weekend.

It's a sickness, I think, the excitement I get leading up to the sale.  Days before, hours before, and minutes before walking into a real live treasure hunt. 


Finding items like this beautiful art nouveau brass jeweled picture frame in the basement of a home, stuffed in a box with 20 other frames no where near the age and condition of this one, makes the next sale worth waiting for.  You just never know what you will find.  It was also only a mere $2.00.

This is my favorite find of January's sales.

It is a brass picture frame encrusted with green jewels.  It is marked E&J.B.  I did some research and found E&J. Bass or Empire Art Co. was in business during the late 1800's up till the Great Depression.  This piece dates to the 1920's.  Just look at the details.

 



 
Watch out for February's Favorite Find

No comments:

Post a Comment