Sunday, February 9, 2014

Estate Sale Two Weeks Ago Just Made Me Gasp - January's Favorite Find

I went to an estate sale two weeks ago.  I have been trying to get pictures to update my blog for the past two weeks I just haven't had time.  Finally, yesterday I had time. 

First I will say I tried to get to the sale early in the morning and wait in line but my husband ended up having to work which left me with my three year old son.  I don't mind bringing him to sales every once in a while so, I took him with me once it was already opened so I didn't have to subject him to standing out in the cold.  The place was packed with stuff and with people.  We couldn't move and just ended up leaving because it was too hard to look at anything.  But I decided to come back by myself once my husband came home from work.  I figured since there was so much stuff packed in the house I could find a treasure or two to bring home.  And, it was all half price at that point.  I totally lucked out.

I got several pieces of vintage clothing and some fabric.  The one worker saw that I was buying some fabric and retrieved a bag out of the closet with more fabric in it to look at, which no one had seen yet.  There happened to be two fabulous 1940's dresses in the bag.  I'm sure they would have been priced much higher but since they were not seen when being priced I got them for $2 each!  These I thought would make my January favorite find.



 
This one, in a sheer rayon fabric, is black with white bows and yellow flowers. 
 


 
This one is a sheer white with large purple, pink and white flowers, and matching fabric buttons.
 
 
All or at least most of the clothing at this sale were hand made by the owner.  I also got a few other dresses, and two piece outfits along with some barkcloth drapes and a large bolt of paisley fabric.  Here are a few pieces, I didn't take pictures of all of them.
 






 
Oh but wait!
 
I also got an adorable 50's party dress layered in green tulle.  This dress reminds me of a fairy ballerina or a big cupcake.  I was actually surprised it was still available at the sale, I definitely couldn't pass it up.  The condition it great too it just needs a bunch of wrinkles steamed out.




 
Look what tag I discovered while taking pictures.....
 
 
My jaw dropped, I can't even believe how lucky I was to find this treasure.  As much as I want to keep this dress I need the money so I will steam out the wrinkles and list it on eBay.
 
 
 

1 comment: